Gain the edge you need to stand up and fight back
against employment law violations

Get The Wages And Additional Compensation That You Deserve

Employers have a duty to pay their workers fair wages, including adequate overtime payment. If your employer is not paying you what you have earned, then you might have a wage and hour claim on your hands. You can turn to me at my firm, Sally A. Morris Attorney at Law, LLC, for help.

I have been assisting clients in southern Maine resolve their legal difficulties for decades. Even if you work for a powerful multibillion-dollar corporation, I am not afraid to take them to court. There is no issue related to wage and hour law that I do not handle, including:

  • Back wages
  • Unpaid overtime
  • Unlawful mandatory overtime
  • Meal and break requirements
  • Retaliation
  • The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
  • The Maine Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division

When it comes to wages and hours, labor law can be exceedingly complicated, particularly for tipped employees and residential caregivers. I can assist you in understanding your rights and options and how the law applies to you. When you have me on your side, I will work tirelessly to get the compensation that you deserve.

What To Know About Overtime In Maine

In Maine, employers must pay overtime to employees who work more than 40 hours in a seven-day period. There are a few categories of workers who are exempt from this law, including public employees, food service workers and drivers. As long as you do not belong to an exempt group, you have the right to seek back pay and unpaid overtime for the hours you have put in at your job. Sit down with me so I can determine whether you have an actionable legal claim.

Get Help Getting The Pay That You Have Earned

You worked faithfully for your employer. Now, it is time to stand up for your right to fair compensation. For a caring and experienced lawyer who is ready to help you, turn to me. You can contact me at my office in Portland to request a free initial consultation. Call 207-543-3602 or send me an email to get in touch.